[App_rpt-users] App_rpt-users Digest, Vol 30, Issue 12

KT9AC kt9ac at ameritech.net
Sat Aug 13 20:04:21 UTC 2011

The Astro Saber had both P25 and H38 Smartzone (trunking) flash, where
the XTS has P25 and H37 Smartnet flash. Both were capable of MDC
encoding and yes the firmware versions were different - the XTS being
the newest at 8.03 something for DSP. XTS5000's are in the Astro25
family and have yet newer and later code than the Saber's. I've verified
my settings between the old saved codeplug from the Saber and my new XTS.

That shouldn't make a difference though since the app_rpt.c code is only
looking for OP=46 to mean status and it does decode/act properly on the
mdcmacro. I can do an MDC Page (cop,60) from Allstar and the radio beeps
accordingly. So from the Allstar aspect unless there is something else
being looked for? Maybe I should pour through the mdc_decode.c and .h
files to see.

On a side note, I'm happy to see more interest in people using MDC1200
for macros, etc. Its really a good way to go since you don't need to
"text" DTMF digits while driving or worry about making an error keying
something in. A nice, clean 175mS packet with error-correcting. The only
negative is the data burst comes over the air, where DTMF gets muted.

Tony