[App_rpt-users] Motor boating

Steve Gladden steve at michiganbroadband.com
Mon Aug 22 20:40:08 UTC 2011

I was told (off list) awhile back that with using XIPAR I should expect NOT to have the issue.
I've not taken the time yet to try it out.
Pretty sad as I'm one of the main mentoners on this list about the USB audio performance not being quite perfect. :)

I'm actually hoping to get a better hands-on understanding on what exactly *is* causing it.
And if it's really fixable or not.

I am dead set on NOT using USB for any type of production/commercial system and only because of this particular issue.
Which really is OK but I'm ever and constantly curious WHAT causes it.. and how the USB / audio subsystems all work and what can possibly
Be 'interrupting' the audio write to the usb device routine. Is the linux usb audio subsystem being used really that weak etc. etc.. or is it a DAHDI problem blahblah ..
Sorry VERY non-technical :)

Steve Gladden

Michigan Broadband Systems
Connecting Your Business!