[App_rpt-users] New ACID release - BeagleBoard MAC Address

Kevin Walsh w8khw1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 06:21:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

I was wondering if the next pickle image might address the random MAC
address issue. I saw there was a thread earlier on the list about this
issue, but didn't find a resolution. I have found several references
to "patches" that will correct the problem, but haven't really had
time to dive into the issue. I did try setting a static MAC in the
network config, but that didn't seem to work by itself.

The main issue I need to resolve is that I create a static NAT
translation through my firewall to the BeagleBoard (based on the IP
address). The firewall caches the MAC address associated with that IP
address in the arp table, so when the BeagleBoard is re-started (and
the MAC address changes) it will no longer work through the firewall
unless I clear the firewall's arp table.

73
Kevin
W8KHW