[App_rpt-users] Console Operation

David KE6UPI dshaw at ke6upi.com
Fri Aug 26 14:09:31 UTC 2011

Hello All, I think Ron wanted something to control the radio and have a
separate node (hub) with a microphone and speaker. There are so many ideas
that are great out there.

You can use the built in asterisk manager API.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+manager+API

You can use C++, Perl, PHP, Java or just about anything to write it in.

A web page:
I would like to see a web page with a local web-transceiver so you can use
the built in Mic and Speakers on your computer. Maybe a drag and drop icons
to connect nodes. Look at the panel page of FreePBX. The client could be
anything that can run Java. (WOW We have the web-transceiver already.)

USB PicoDisplay: Simple
I was thinking of using a USB Pico display with buttons to send commands to
asterisk. (asterisk -rx "rpt fun XXXX *3XXXX")

http://www.mini-box.com/picoLCD-256x64-Sideshow-CDROM-Bay

Like I said there are so many great ideas for so many possibilities.

I would like to say, let race begin. But lets get some ideas first. I'm not
a programmer but I think I can work with php and bash.

David