[App_rpt-users] DTMF an Parallel question

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Aug 28 11:58:41 UTC 2011

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 06:59:06 Randy Ballard wrote:
<snip>
> One other thing that I am looking for has anyone done anything with the
> Parallel port as an input. What I would like to do is when the site is
> running on generator I have a logic line that goes high and would like the
> repeater to say a message like every 15 minutes while the generator is
> running?

Have you looked at NUT?

http://www.networkupstools.org/

NUT is an existing set of tools for monitoring UPS and backup power supplies,
with a mechanism for distributing the status to client apps.  Can you hook
your generator up to a serial port (it seems that NUT monitors a serial line)
and then get app_rpt to poll NUT status?

73,

Andrew