[App_rpt-users] DTMF

Keith keith at handscombe.co.uk
Sun Aug 28 20:31:21 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Since the split from IRLP I now run 2 pc workstations side by side the first
an IRLP node the second an All-Star node. I have added the *52 to *59
shortcuts on my DTMF functionality but would like to know if I can have a
similar system to IRLP of which is to help the older users of my links who
find the DTMF key presses hard to complete. An older gentleman today
licensed  back in August 1949 tried for almost an hour to press *3300 then
the Echo link node and ended up ringing me and asking me to connect for him.
As he was unkeying the microphone after each sent tone so showing him 2 key
tones would be such a benefit for all.

I have 25 regular connections that if the older folk are to use I would like
to replicate *1 to *9 for Echo-Link stations and #1 to #9 for All-Star
stations this would allow me to publish or print off 30-50 help sheets for
regular users of my nodes deliver to the addresses and offer a simple demo
that they would be able to cope with.

Any help would be most appreciated

Many thanks

Keith