[App_rpt-users] Any way to stop crossing to specific nodes?

Lu Vencl vencl at att.net
Mon Aug 29 18:03:50 UTC 2011

Howdy all,

I had an incident that occurred several nights ago where one user
unbenounced to him cross connected the WINSYSTEM and VOIPWX net together in
the middle of the night. No matter how many times I try to explain this
caution to users, they still on occasion make the error as one of the
distant node might be connected to another network and it is not readily
visible to the user of another node.

I would like to know if there are any provisions to help prevent this from
happening.

For example a rule that would that if 2560 is connected, no connections to
2135 and or 3007203 (echolink node) would be allowed to be connected if
there is any presence from any of the nodes tied in.

I am just trying to proactively stop this from happening at least with the
nodes I allow public access to.

Thanks

Lu

Ka4EPS