[App_rpt-users] Any way to stop crossing to specific nodes?

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at vkradio.com
Mon Aug 29 23:17:44 UTC 2011

At 04:03 AM 8/30/2011, Lu Vencl wrote:

>Howdy all,
>I had an incident that occurred several nights ago where one user
>unbenounced to him cross connected the WINSYSTEM and VOIPWX net
>together in the middle of the night. No matter how many times I try
>to explain this caution to users, they still on occasion make the
>error as one of the distant node might be connected to another
>network and it is not readily visible to the user of another node.
>I would like to know if there are any provisions to help prevent
>this from happening.
>For example a rule that would that if 2560 is connected, no
>connections to 2135 and or 3007203 (echolink node) would be allowed
>to be connected if there is any presence from any of the nodes tied in.
>I am just trying to proactively stop this from happening at least
>with the nodes I allow public access to.

Is it possible to have the Echolink "CONF" flag set when connected to
Echolink and some other system, or more than one Echolink node at the
same time?  This will at least allow Echolink conferences with
anti-conferencing measures to disconnect such accidental cross links
automatically.  The best behaviour would be to emulate the behaviour
of the Windows Echolink client in this respect.

If connected to one station, the CONF flag is not set, even if the
node has the ability to accept other connections.

If connected to more than one station, the CONF flag is set, and the
node acts as a mini conference server.

One thing that would be different to Echolink is the need to
recognise non Echolink connections as a "connection" for this purpose.

Certainly, something to prevent this happening at the node level is
best for the proactive node admin.

Reminds me, I must pull my finger out and setup my node. :)

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com