[App_rpt-users] Any way to stop crossing to specific nodes?

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Tue Aug 30 00:15:53 UTC 2011

As a newbie who has barely scratched the surface of understanding
Allstar, I find it next to impossible to trace every last node that is
connected together.

I know there is the graphical node link list, and while it shows what
the possibilities are I find it too unwieldy for practical, regular use.

For example, I view Lu's node status web page and it might show 5 nodes
connected. I click on each one of those only to find a couple other
connections on each one. There must be an automated way to determine the
sum total of all nodes that happen to be connected together to form a
network at that instant. I just don't know what it is, if it even exists
now.

Being able to aggregate this information seems like the first step in
developing a watchdog that prevents ring-around-the-rosy loops.

That's my 0.000002 cents worth.

Bote, W4NUD
http://www.botecomm.com/bote/radio – my hobby radio pages
http://www.trackstreamer.com – my streaming scanner feeds