[App_rpt-users] 64 bit

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Sat Dec 3 02:08:25 UTC 2011

On 12/2/2011 8:49 PM, Ken wrote:
> I had a 64 bit OS for a while but switched back to 32 bit.  I had some other
> software I wanted to run on the same machine.
>

> It seemed to work OK - although there were a flurry of warning messages (and
> maybe 1 error message) during the compile phase of asterisk install.
>

> The kind of problem you describe can happen when the O/S does something it
> considers more important than handling your audio .. (asterisk runs at a
> relative low priority).  Did your OS install put any extra stuff in there
> (like GUI) or Java or something?

Nope.  I just tried to renice asterisk...moved it to -15...still
hiccup'd...went all the way to -19...still happens (though not as often...).

I was thinking along the same line re prioritization of running
processes while chewing on a burger at Red Robin with the bride
earlier...but was leaning more towards the on-board usb hardware was
somehow not as robust (?) as the one in the laptop..but dismissed that
out of hand.

built it as a server, no gui, no extraneous stuff.