[App_rpt-users] IAXRPT Functionality on the Mac

Matt Roberts n9gmr at me.com
Sat Dec 10 09:54:14 UTC 2011

I have been playing with my new repeater for the past few days.  I'm very happy with the Allstar Link Network.  Yesterday someone told me about the IAXRPT client you can use to talk and control your node.  I downloaded it on my PC and was impressed.  The program works well with speech, once you get it set up.
Yesterday afternoon my main PC went down.  I'm not sure the cause of the problem, but the computer will probably be down for a while.  I installed IAXRPT on my laptop, and all the repeater telemetry comes over the computer with a lot of crackle.  When someone talks it sounds great! I think it is just a quirk in the laptop I currently have.
Is there a Mac solution for me to use till my PC is repaired? I know IAXRPT works under something called WINE on the Mac, but don't know much about that.  I also don't know if that would be compatible with VoiceOver, which is the Mac screen reader for the blind.  IT would be nice if someone could develop a Mac program with the same functionality, and have it be VoiceOver compatible, if a solution doesn't exist.
Since I have two nodes, I would like to be able to monitor them at the same time, since one is a remote base.  If I link it to my repeater, all traffic would be transmitted on the remote, and I don't want that all the time.

Matt Roberts
N9GMR
Nodes 28142 and 28143