[App_rpt-users] CM108 fobs on Ebay

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Sat Dec 10 13:20:27 UTC 2011

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 22:02:01 Matt Beasant wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Attention UK node owners or prospective node owners......
>
> I have just purchased a bunch of CM108 USB fobs from Ebay and confirm that
> they work with ACID systems.
>
> They have extra buttons on them ( vol up / down and mute ) so this MAY make
> it easier to wire out to the PTT and COS lines but I have yet to modify one
> so cannot confirm if this is the case.

COS is usually wired to one of the volume pins, so that should be no problem,
but PTT is wired to a GPIO which usually has no other function.  If the chip
is epoxy-blobbed then there is no reason to bond out the GPIO pads on the
chip.

That particular housing is very easy to open using a fingernail.  Just tease
the two halves apart at the join.  You will be able to easily see if the chip
is packaged or epoxy-blobbed.

73,

Andrew
ZL3AME