[App_rpt-users] iaxRPT does not receive

Ron Morell ron at morell.us
Sat Dec 10 23:20:11 UTC 2011

I need help.  I have iaxRPT installed on a Windows XP netbook.  I have
Asterisk+app_rpt using the AllStar Link node number 28174.  The setup is
the ACID CENTOS install and it is using a GMK URI.  The wiring from the
URI to Radio is:
radio ground to URI pin 13
radio PTT to URI pin 1
radio receive to URI pin 21  ;This is the 9600 baud data audio output
radio microphone to URI pin 22
radio squelch is not connected

I keep checking my wiring on the pins, but don't find fault with the
wiring... I always doubt my wiring. Hi Hi

>From iaxRPT it will send out audio and tones to the radio transmitter
just fine.  When the radio receiver is sending voice and tones back to
the iaxRPT application nothing happens nothing is heard.  The handheld
used to talk to the remote radio is using ctcss 100Hz tones.  The remote
radio is a Yaesu FT-7800R using "enc dec" ctcss tone 100Hz.

This is the setup in iax.conf
; IAXRPT Access

[gui]
type=user
context=radio-gui
auth=md5
secret=password
host=dynamic
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
transfer=no

This is the setup in extensions.conf
; Context for IAXRPT Access

[radio-gui]
exten => 28174,1,rpt(28174|X)
; The X option passed to the Rpt application disables normal security
checks.
; see http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/58

This is the setup in usbradio.conf
[general]

[usb]
hdwtype=0
rxboost=1
rxctcssrelax=1
txctcssdefault=100.0
rxctcssfreqs=100.0
txctcssfreqs=100.0
;rxctcssoverride=0      ;
carrierfrom=dsp
ctcssfrom=dsp
rxdemod=flat
txprelim=no
txlimonly=yes
txtoctype=notone
txmixa=composite
txmixb=no
invertptt=0
duplex=0
rxondelay=20

I have port 4569UDP forwarded to the Asterisk+app_rpt computer and that
seems to work out fine:
test*CLI> iax2 show registry
Host                  dnsmgr  Username    Perceived             Refresh
State
67.215.233.178:4569   N       28174       174.27.6.80:4569           60
Registered
test*CLI>

The Windows XP computer with iaxRPT has an exception in the firewall for
iaxRPT.exe and I have explicitly opened port 4569UDP and have even tried
it with the firewall off.  The iaxRPT setup is expecting to use port
4569UDP.

So what magic words are out of order?  I'm not seeing the problem.
Ron Morell
KA7U