[App_rpt-users] iaxRPT does not receive

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Mon Dec 12 04:58:45 UTC 2011

Ron, you're describing two different things here...or I'm not decoding your words. Does node 28174 that you have work ok, connect to outside world, make contacts that work? If you don't know that the node is working right I'd hold off troubleshooting iaxrpt till I knew that teh node itself was ok.

If your node is ok then distribution, URI wiring, ptt connections, etc really are not a matter. iaxrpt should connect.

Try, from command line:

rpt showvars 28174

Mine, no received signal:

radio*CLI> rpt showvars 2360
Variable listing for node 2360:
   RPT_TXKEYED=0
   RPT_NUMLINKS=3
   RPT_LINKS=3,T27849,T27891,T3341697
   RPT_NUMALINKS=2
   RPT_ALINKS=2,27849TU,3341697TU
   RPT_ETXKEYED=0
   RPT_RXKEYED=0
   RPT_AUTOPATCHUP=0
    -- 8 variables

Here's witht he repeater keyed, signal on input:

radio*CLI> rpt showvars 2360
Variable listing for node 2360:
   RPT_ETXKEYED=1
   RPT_TXKEYED=1
   RPT_RXKEYED=1
   RPT_NUMLINKS=3
   RPT_LINKS=3,T27849,T27891,T3341697
   RPT_NUMALINKS=2
   RPT_ALINKS=2,27849TU,3341697TU
   RPT_AUTOPATCHUP=0
    -- 8 variables

See the two highlighted?

I'd be curious if your receiver is in an unsquelched mode and timed out...

Also rpt stats 28174

SEe if you're timed out..??

I connected to your node about 10:50PM central, and it kept sending unkeys at about 5 second intervals. So something's not configured right in general there, and I'd check all that stuff before attempting iaxrpt.

I have no idea about the pins on the URI, I modified my own USB fob, and/or use the paralell port for signalling. However, I think you are speaking of the radio audio oiut when you speak of 9600 baud data out. Are you certain that there is no filtering at all at that point?

Another command is radoi tune rxsquelch

The numbers should be well between 0 and 999, and the squelch setting should be about 100-125 higher than signal strength. If your signal strength is showing very thigh...999  I'd say the audio calibrations were in error or your audio output is filtered in some way. It really needs to be discriminator out.

What do you have duplex set to in rpt.conf?

GeorgeC
W2DB