[App_rpt-users] Echolink whitelist limitation

GARY BONEBRAKE w5bi at amsat.org
Fri Dec 16 22:36:36 UTC 2011

I added the "permit=" statement at the end of echolink.conf to limit access
to club members only. I did this to eliminate the plague of ungracious and
irresponsible skimmers, dropins and lurkers.

Refer to http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/56 for details.

However, I discovered that there is a limit on the number of entries in the
"permit=" statement. If you add more than 30 calls, the system will
disconnect after about 10 seconds and respond with an RTCP TIMEOUT .
Multiple "permit=" statements do not work - only the first statement is
acknowledged.

[The limitation is in line 154 of chan_echolink.c - "#define
EL_MAX_CALL_LIST 30"]

If you know of an alternate method to create a lengthy whitelist for
Echolink in app_rpt, please advise.

Gary Bonebrake W5BI

Emergency Coordinator

Sandoval County NM ARES