[App_rpt-users] Limey Linux on a HP T5630 Thin Client

pete M petem001 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 21 20:46:27 UTC 2011

I Have a few T5630 thin client that was donated to me (spec: 1ghz CPU , 1 gig of ram, 1 Gig flash drive)

they have a VIA chipset that have Video , network, and audio device

I am wondering if I could use that thin client with Limey to do a Allstar node AND an echolink node..

I would connect that to port 3 of my rc210 controler that I have for my 2 M and 70 cm repeater’s.

If possible, how to i build the thing??

I know a few thing about Linux but I am no way a guru.. I do prefer a windows machine, but I know that Linux in more stable..

So is it possible or am I dreaming?

forgot to tell you that there is a serial and printerl port to the machine

you can see the spec there:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01571963/c01571963.pdf

Pierre

VE2PF