[App_rpt-users] Allstar RTCM (Radio Thin Client Module)isnowavailable

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 22 16:18:37 UTC 2011

Despite the fact that in my personal experience I have never been involved in
a case where it was necessary to have "launch delay", there certainly a number
of people that have done these things for years that are of the opinion that it
sure is necessary in certain cases.

Currently as the device currently stands, it does not inherently support this feature.
It was intended that in cases where this was necessary, it could be accomplished
externally to the RTCM.

Some transmitters (such as the Motorola Quantar, which we have used somewhat
extensively so far and had WONDERFUL results) have that feature built in to them, since
use as a simulcast transmitter was designed into them from the beginning.

In situations where this is not the case, an external variable delay device can be
utilized to accomplish this feature.

If experience over time shows us that there are a significant number of users that
require (as opposed to just wanting, for no good reason) this feature, I have no
problem designing that feature into a new version of the RTCM/Voter board.
It would, however increase the cost and complexity of the device. At this time,
it is not included in the current version of the device.

JIM WB6NIL