[App_rpt-users] RTCM + LOX/Beagle Board Setup

Fredric Moses fred at moses.bz
Sat Dec 24 08:12:16 UTC 2011

Hello all new to the list and app_rpt with asterisk in general.  My
question is if the beagle board/LOX combo is powerful enough to also
be the radio server for the RTCM's.   My first 2 LOX/Beagleboard
combo's should up a few days ago.. Just sat down and hooked up my
first radio to it about 24 hours ago and it's really slick how it's
just working to the point that I am thinking of replacing the arcom
rc210 I have on my UHF machine after i keep working and testing this
more..   I want to not only run the RTCM's from the beagle board that
will be located at the main site but have the 2 radio ports on the
LOX's be used as remote bases to the RTCM.  As from what I am reading
about the RTCM's they need a app_rpt server to show up as a radio port
for ID's n Such..

My current UHF Site1 is a motorola purc 5000 with a UHF link radio
towards a friends site.  If the RTCM/Beagleboard combo's work I will
be installing a second purc about 10 miles away on another mountain
ridge site so will want the voted RX audio as well as the simulcast to
work out the "remote" link ports on the LOX.  A third site is planned
to the west about 18 miles away but won't come up till the microwave
path is installed direct to it..

This RTCM came out at just the right time as i have a stack of 900mhz
maxtracs and a spectra tac voter that i was about it install for
remote RX's.

--
Fredric Moses - W8FSM - WQOG498
fred at moses.bz