[App_rpt-users] on board audio

Joe Bennett aprs at ka3nam.com
Mon Dec 26 16:59:02 UTC 2011

Leon,

The there are really two reasons why QoS does not work over the
internet. 1. Is that rarely anyone configures a router to participate in
QoS (QoS can and is supported at layer 2 and layer 3)... 2. In the event
someone wants to participate in QoS, what standard do they use? What
p-bit/ DSCP value means VoIP vs best effort Internet traffic? MPLS is
not required, and its QoS is based on the MPLS provider and the customer
agreeing on how the traffic will be marked (p-bit/DSCP/VLAN etc.) I have
layer 2 and layer 3 networks using QoS (including MPLS cores)... Works
great when the switch/router manufacturer implements it properly (this
includes MPLS switches)...

-Joe
KA3NAM