[App_rpt-users] Voice ID's - and macro voice..

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Thu Dec 29 15:42:51 UTC 2011

On 12/29/2011 5:31 AM, Lu Vencl wrote:
> I agree. Personal ID's really make the difference!
>
> Speaking of which, is there any way we all can share our personal ID's so we
> can add them to our folders for play?

Uh...I don't think you'd want to use my ID for your machine...just
sayin'...:)

On the other hand...might really confuse Uncle Charlie, wouldn't it...????

In the nodenames directory, if you drop the gsm file under the name
nodenumber.gsm (ie 27294.gsm), whenever my 220 machines attaches to you,
you would hear my callsign rather than my node number as the announcement.

We have, up here, a central repository that we update and download from
a couple times a day to keep the callsigns/bands in sync.  For instance,
I have 27294, 27295, 27673, 27710, 27774, and 90102 .gsm files that are
dropped into the common nodenames repository.  So, everyone on our net
up here has a cron job that rsyncs that directory. Keeps us all on our
toes.

Not that hard to set up, if you've a linux type around, and if you're in
a linked network, may be the way to go.

73, BB WB0YLE
Allstar: too many nodes on one machine...on vacation, so I'm building
repeaters...;)
Morrisville PA