[App_rpt-users] APRS beaconing

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Thu Dec 29 16:36:35 UTC 2011

On another note (A sharp over middle C?)..was working on getting my
fleapower 440 repeater up and going...and got a call on my machine from
a gent who was complaining that my fixed station was beaconing to aprs
every minute..and was 'filling' the backend with the long comment field,
thus blocking out other uses.  Whatever.  So, want to be a good citizen,
and back it down to every 30 minutes or so, since it is a fixed station,
yadda yadda.

Anyway...can't recall where the beacon cycle time is for the aprs
function...anyone recall off the top of the noggin?  Up to my brown eyes
in solder, wires, and tie wraps, so thought I'd ask and nudge anyone who
may have it closer to the front of the queue than me right now...thanks!

Hope all are enjoying this inter-holiday week and getting stuff
accomplished...I know I am...:)  Ranger node radio up, configured, tuned
thru the menu and online, and new 440 machine seems to be working here,
added to the mix (xmt into a dummy right now to keep the coordinators
happy (Hi Jeff!) and play by the rules, but, makes for a good
in-the-shack link at fleapower (<.25W)...

73 Bryan WB0YLE
Allstar:
27294 224.5400- 4A
27710 449.9875- 4A
27774 927.6500- 4A
90102 146.5500 Simplex Ranger Node
27673 Lower Bucks Cnty. PA Hub
27295 Broadcast Electronics Audio Console for NCS duties
Morrisville PA