[App_rpt-users] Call into repeater

Bobby Lacey kf4gta at amsat.org
Sun Feb 6 20:15:13 UTC 2011

I have an asterisk pbx that I've maintained for the household for a few
years now. I have a separate Allstar ACID install that I run interfaced to
my URI.

I've set up a IAX2 trunk between the two systems in hopes of being able to
call the repeater from a household pbx extension in order to monitor or talk
on the link.

I've been able to call the repeater with the following extensions entry:

[radio-secure]
exten => 1234,1,rpt,27633|x

but, it just keys the radio constantly and doesn't unkey unless I hang up.
Is there a way to call in and monitor the link, and then key the transmitter
if VOX is detected or better yet, if I press a digit on my phone to key and
unkey the transmitter?

Would be great to be able to bring up links, close links, etc from the
phone's keypad as well.

Thanks for any help.

73
Bobby KF4GTA