[App_rpt-users] IAXRPT Settings

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Wed Feb 9 14:58:36 UTC 2011

On 2/9/11 9:29 AM, KI6PSP (Ed) wrote:
> Ok, I'm stumped. I put the configs in from:
> http://209.159.155.200/drupal/node/58
> I downloaded the IAXRPT program, and under Accounts, I filled in the
> Account Name, Description, Host, Password.
> When I connect, nothing shows up in the console, except for when I
> save the account settings.
> [Feb  9 06:26:01] NOTICE[3819]: chan_iax2.c:6809 register_verify:
> Empty registration from 192.168.1.125
> iaxRPT shows State as "-?-"
> I can find the documentation for the config files, but not much for
> the settings to use on iaxRPT for Allstar. I even rooted through the
> last year of archive posts.
Account name = node #?
Description = Whatever you want to call it
Host - obvious (either DNS name or IP)
Username - same as in the stanza name in iax.conf
Password: - same as in the stanza in iax.conf

Type = Duplex

my stanza:

[gui]
type=user
context=radio-gui
auth=md5
secret=changeme
host=dynamic
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
transfer=no

my config:

Account Name: my node number
Host: DNS Name for the repeater (Using it from outside)
Username: gui
Password: matches secret in the stanza above
Confirm: matches secret in stanza above
Type: Duplex

checked: mute on PTT, Show Connections, Log to Display

Works fine here.

HTH.
> --
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.
Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.