[App_rpt-users] Beagleboard and USB URI dongle

K&R Yoksh yokshs at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 15 15:05:51 UTC 2011

I'm curious about chan_simpleusb. Can it be used on a slower PC to improve performance?

I'm running 2 CM108 fobs here on a P3/866 MHz with 512MB ram. This was my old EchoIRLP node PC, and it seems to
work ok for Allstar, but I realize that it's below the recommended CPU speed for a USB fob node.

My node radios have PL encode/decode in hardware, etc, so would I lose any functionality by switching to chan_simpleusb?

Thanks.73

Kyle
K0KN
--- Original Message ---Yes, it works quite beautifuly with the URI, in fact it will support 2 of them
*BUT* only with chan_simpleusb. The CPU does not have the horsepower
to do the DSP routines used in chan_usbradio.

Why dont you wait for the LOX board to become available in production?
It wont be long.

JIM WB6NIL