[App_rpt-users] Function

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Tue Feb 15 23:34:53 UTC 2011

There are two commands: playback and localplay - not documented on the web
pages, but found in the app_rpt.c source code

For example

[functions]
9911=playback,news1

No file extension on the file name

Based on my experience, playback is heard on all connected asterisk nodes,
localplay only on the same node where it is being played (although the other
nodes remain keyed up) and echolink does not get any audio from *either* of
these unless someone happens to key up one of the asterisk nodes while the
playback is in progress (weird)

Default directory is var/lib/asterisk/sounds

With the asterisk add-on MP3 player, it will play MP3 files (made with a
proper MP3 encoding program)

GL
Ken