[App_rpt-users] permanent echolink connection

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Wed Feb 16 00:19:07 UTC 2011

I've been asked by a group who's thinking of linking a couple
machines...and was considering using Asterisk for one radio, whether it
is possible to connect, on a full-time basis, an asterisk node on one
radio to an echolink node that lives on a second repeater.

For instance...Repeater Allstar node A <--> Echolink node on Repeater B

I realize that they could change out the Echolink to a asterisk and
permlink the two, but, they're a bit nonplussed with the lag between end
users logging into echo and the database download.  Yeah, whiny users,
but what can you do?

Looked through the mailing list archives....basically, I'm thinking,
almost like a permlink between two app_rpt boxen.

Am I missing something here?

Thanx.

--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.