[App_rpt-users] Beagleboard and USB URI dongle

Steve Gladden steve at michiganbroadband.com
Wed Feb 16 00:47:21 UTC 2011

>>>also seems that the parallel port support isn't included in
simpleusb?

Can you confirm this?
Might be really easy to get it.
I'll certainly be wanting to do this. :-)

I'm still getting free Pentium III 1U rack serves lately :-)
Which are quite sexy looking and convenient to use for this.
The used 1U Quad Xeons I purchase are going for about $850.  hihi

BTW- runing full duplex chan_usbradio on a Pentium-3 733MHz box
I see 10%CPU continuous (RX) with spikes up to 25-30% during TX-RX-DTMF
useage

That's with Top runing at a 20 sample per second rate (which eats some CPU
itself mind you.

This seems to suggest that an 'ol Pentium-3 can cut it for this app.

Somebody please beat me with a baseball bat if I'm wrong!!

> I played around with this a little bit today... Seems like you have to
> use:
> rxchannel = Simpleusb/usb rather than:
> rxchannel = SimpleUSB/usb.
>
> I could be wrong, but it also seems that the parallel port support isn't
> included in simpleusb? I did observe a substantial decrease in processor
> usage.
>
> Too bad it's not as simple as DSP=0 or DSP=1 to enable/disable the DSP
> techniques in chan_usb... hi hi
>
> 73,
>
> Kyle
> K0KN
> --- Original Message ---I think all you have to do is this.....
>

> rpt.conf: (snip)
>
> [2532]                                  ; Change this to your assigned
> node number
>
> rxchannel = SimpleUSB/usb               ; Rx audio/signalling channel
>

> simpleusb.conf: (entire file)
>
> ;
> ; SimpleUSB configuration
> ;