[App_rpt-users] Ok..simple DMK interface....

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Sun Feb 20 00:56:11 UTC 2011

> So, the question is...is this pin basically a contact closure (which IS
> what I'm looking for), or some other logic level that I'll have to
> convert?  If so...any pointers or ?

It's like a contact closure, except it will not pull the voltage all the way
to ground and it will not handle much current.  It works fine for radios
that use logic-level kinds of signals. That is the vast majority of ham
radios.

I have had to add an additional relay and/or transistor externally to switch
big things (like my Motorola Nucleus 300 watt paging transmitter).

73

Ken

PS: see
http://www.dmkeng.com/images/GPIO_Relay.pdf