[App_rpt-users] Fwd: Re: Static IP Address

Jon Rorke jrorke at cogeco.ca
Tue Feb 22 18:16:29 UTC 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [App_rpt-users] Static IP Address
Date: 	Tue, 22 Feb 2011 13:15:22 -0500
From: 	Jon Rorke <jrorke at cogeco.ca>
To: 	app_rpt-users-request at qrvc.com

Ok well you can edit the this file:

Here is example of my box set for static on 10.0.0.3:

> # Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit
> Ethernet controller
> DEVICE=eth0
> BOOTPROTO=none
> HWADDR={your mac}
> ONBOOT=yes
>
> TYPE=Ethernet
> IPADDR=10.0.0.3
> NETMASK=255.0.0.0
> GATEWAY=10.0.0.1

Or you could type in "setup" at the prompt and use the tool to set the
system for static ip.

Then stop network service and restart or just reboot the box.

In the resolve.conf I have the following:

nameserver 208.67.222.222
nameserver 208.67.220.220

these are 'open DNS" servers that are not ISP specific.

You can also use your ISP DNS numbers too.

Jon VA3RQ