[App_rpt-users] Static IP Address

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 22 20:14:07 UTC 2011

try running 'system-config-network'. Then, assume it screwed up the /etc/resolv.conf file, so edit it manually
after doing that.

JIM WB6NIL

Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:48:21 -0800
From: ki6psp at gmail.com
To: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
Subject: [App_rpt-users] Static IP Address

Ok, I give. What file do I edit to set a Static IP. I have dug around a few linux boards, but I can't seem to find the correct file. I modified one file, but the system barfed on me, and didn't like the strings I put in.

Can someone point me to the correct path, and possible show a sample file. This system also suffers from the "Sendmail Hang" because of the "resolve.conf". Once I get a static IP in, I can fix the resolve.

Thanks
--
KI6PSP (Ed)