[App_rpt-users] Echolink announcements.

Jon Rorke jrorke at cogeco.ca
Mon Jan 17 16:33:13 UTC 2011

Well, I dont have any Echolink on any of my nodes and I would like to
disable all echolink connect and disconnect messages (on my end) that
may come through when a node that does have echolink is connected. to mine.

I'm not anti Echolink, but I find that people on echolink tend to
connect to nodes, monitor for 1 nano second, and if they don't hear
anything disconnect. What happens on the other end (my end) is 5 minutes
of connect message and then 5 minutes of disconnect messages!

So my vote is to make it work as described, that way it will be up to
the node owner to customize as required.

Jon