[App_rpt-users] DTMF decoding

K&R Yoksh yokshs at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 22 05:37:12 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "KB3ORS - Brian"
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] DTMF decoding
>
> ?What type of radio are you using for the node radio? And what interface?
> (EX:  Kenwood V71A  to a URI through the data port)
>
> Just went through this with a another node one on one. The problem found
> was that the Kenwood V71A uses speaker audio not flat audio for the data
> port.
>
> Icom and Kenwood would decode but Yeasu DTMF was not recognized.

Hello Brian (and the group),

I'm running two nodes at my QTH. Both use GE Phoenix radios (2211 is on VHF,
2212 is on UHF) and each uses a CM108 fob. I'm using deemphasized   speaker
audio.

I've narrowed down my problem to the microphone on my mobile radio (Icom
207). Oddly enough, it will control my node fine on UHF.. Tonight, I
injected tones into the transmitter without the Icom hand mic, and Allstar
decodes the tones on VHF and UHF.

There seems to be quite a bit of distortion generated from the Icom hand
mic. I suspect that the problem has been with me for some time, but I never
noticed it, as my MT8870 hardware decoder will decode the tones (even with
the distortion)..

73.

Kyle
K0KN