[App_rpt-users] Local squelch tail problem clarification. (copy of message to Ken) for comment.

Peter Elke pete.elke at esquared.com
Sat Jan 22 17:42:39 UTC 2011

From: Peter Elke [mailto:pete.elke at esquared.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2011 3:26 AM
To: Ken
Subject: RE: [App_rpt-users] Location dependant squelch tail?

Hi Ken,

What I meant to get across was...  There is a squelch tail when the
local mobile unkeys (before the hang time) but you only hear it if you
are monitoring the local node's transmit frequency.  Remotely connected
stations don't hear the tail, only a soft click or nothing from the same
transmission.

The local repeater transmitter dropping does not cause a tail if the
mobile is in PL decode.

I thought this was just strange, so much so that I sound ignorant
reporting it...

73's Pete (WI6H)