[App_rpt-users] Clarification on CTCSS_DET / COR_DET

Lu Vencl vencl at att.net
Mon Jul 11 17:19:52 UTC 2011

All,

Thanks very much for all of you that have been very helpful in helping me
get my first node going.. I have learned a lot from you guys and I look
forward in returning the favor!  I am thinking even about doing a youtube
video to help promote the project, if anyone would like to help in this
effort, let me know.

Now, to my next question. I Just need clarification on the purpose of the
following two inputs used on the URI

CTCSS_DET

COR_DET

If I use CTCSS decoding within the receiver, would I set the repeater
configuration to use appropriate signal on  CTCSS_DET and just set the COR
to none?

I never use CSQ, so I assume I would never use the COR_DET line, correct?

And let's say I used RX Discriminator processing on another node and not
rely on the receiver CTCSS decoder, do I just not tie the CTCSS and COR to
anything and set them to none? And I assume I set CTCSS From:: to "decoding
using RX audio in DSP" Correct?

Thanks

73

Lu

KA4EPS

Node 27869

Next deployment batch of nodes this week, 27875, 27870