[App_rpt-users] Chicken Burst tweak

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Wed Jul 13 12:11:46 UTC 2011

On 7/13/11 7:02 AM, Lu Vencl wrote:

> Looking for the parameter and file (if not in rpt.conf) where I can
> tweak the length of chicken burst. The current amount is not enough
> for my VX 5R.. I need another 200 MS to be effective.
>
> Thanks..
>
> Lu
>
> KA4EPS

Have you gone through and set your timeouts and such in rpt.conf?
Additionally...are you transmitting PL tones?  If you are, and you're
not depending on the radio hardware (ie you're doing all the audio
processing in Asterisk, and doing direct FM injection), you can try
using reversing the phase of the pl before carrier drop to quiet the end
user receiver before dropping RF carrier.  Old technique to quiet the
receiver before dropping carrier.

Getting all of these to work correctly is a balancing act between what
the radio can do, and how that coincides with how Asterisk views the world.

Just some thoughts.

73 Bryan WB0YLE
Allstar 27294 27295 27673 27710 27774...:)