[App_rpt-users] Chicken Burst tweak

Lu Vencl vencl at att.net
Wed Jul 13 15:25:21 UTC 2011

Hi Bryan.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I adjusted hangtime and all it does is extend the repeater hang time.

As for the reverse burst method,  it works great with radios that support is
like Motorola portables.

The problem is that the VX5-R does not support reverse burst.  The repeater
is a Motorola repeater, so I pulled the TX PL reed out and got excited about
the chicken burst option on the APP_RPT.. But it still gives me squelch
burst.. Like I said, I just need another 100 MS (200 to be safe) to make
this work..

Is this a parameter that cannot be tweaked?

If not, I can always build an external piece of hardware to add the
additional delay on the PTT. I just thought it might be easier to do this in
software.

Or I can simply wait for a future APP_RPT release that might have this
variable defined to help those with radios that need a little bit more time
in the CTCSS timeout sequence.

73

Lu, KA4EPS