[App_rpt-users] Moving URI between USB ports.

Paul J. Agamata Sysman at Xceptions.COM
Sun Jul 17 11:57:13 UTC 2011

do a 'dmesg | grep usb' and you'll ge this:

usbcore: registered new driver usbfs
usbcore: registered new driver hub
usbcore: registered new driver hiddev
usbcore: registered new driver usbhid
drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: v2.6:USB HID core driver
usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb usb2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb usb3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb usb4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb usb5: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
input: USB HID v1.00 Device [C-Media Electronics Inc.       USB PnP Sound Device] on usb-0000:00:1d.1-1
usbcore: registered new driver snd-usb-audio

Notice the usb 3-1 before the C-Media Electronic Inc. device.... That's the address of your URI

In your usbradio_tune_usb0.conf file make sure you match the new devices port address to this listed below:

[usb0]
; name=usb0
; devicenum=0
devstr=3-1                     <==============  Make sure it has the port address of the new port you plugged it in to
rxmixerset=438
txmixaset=407
txmixbset=0
rxvoiceadj=1.263154
rxctcssadj=2.154079
txctcssadj=199
rxsquelchadj=900

restart asterisk....

If you don't get the device address right, all your tuning parameters will be thrown off as well.

Paul Agamata
Sysman at Xceptions.COM