[App_rpt-users] URI not found

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Thu Jul 28 15:08:24 UTC 2011

On 7/28/11 9:39 AM, Ed Wilhelm wrote:
> Trying to help a friend get his Asterisk box up and running but having
> problems. His DMK Engineering URI is not being found. I can login and
> do lsusb and it's there, but asterisk app_rpt never finds it. Solid
> green led. I try to command radio active usb<node number>  but when
> you check it says device not active.
> I wish I could try plugging in another URI but he is over 100 miles
> from my location.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions?

Check that the line in usbradio_tune_usbxxxxx.conf is pointing to the
correct USB port?  If it isn't...well, strange things will
happen...under devstr=X-Y where X is the usb bus for that channel, and Y
is the specific device the dongle is connected to.  use the command
lsusb to see whether it's being detected by the kernel; you'll see:

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0d8c:013c C-Media Electronics, Inc.

which will tell you where the dongle is...make the devstr= to the 2
numbers you see there, dropping the 00.  At least, that's what worked
for me...

[usbxxxxx]
; name=usbxxxxxx
; devicenum=0
devstr=2-2
rxmixerset=438
txmixaset=530
txmixbset=500
rxvoiceadj=0.625000
rxctcssadj=2.436119
txctcssadj=140
rxsquelchadj=800

--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.