[App_rpt-users] chan_simpleusb

K&R Yoksh yokshs at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 30 19:24:30 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I thought I'd give chan_simpleusb a try again today. I thought I remembered
reading the parallel port support had been added to chan_simpleusb?

The parallel support didn't work, so I went digging through the archives,
and found that it was "on the list" of planned improvments.

I guess my question is, is it any easier on my P3/866 MHz Asterisk box to
run one RF node on the standard chan_usbradio and one on chan_simpleusb? I
currently have one modified CM108 fob, and one unmodified (using parallel
port for ptt/cos).

I've tried it both ways, while monitoring top, and it's not clear to me
whether the PC is happier one way or the other. The audio "glitches" seem to
have disappeared from the simple_usb node.

Thanks for any assistance.

73.

Kyle
K0KN