[App_rpt-users] Culling Linux Services (ACID)

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Sun Jul 31 10:59:36 UTC 2011

Hi Everybody,

In an effort to make node 27871 a lean, mean, fighting machine... I'm
trying to keep things neat and tidy by stopping any services that have
no direct impact on the operation of the node.

I'm after input on what others have done on their own AllStarLink nodes.

I have done a similar thing on my Icom G2 D-Star gateway... going
through and disabling services (like bluetooth, VNC, smartcard, IPv6, etc).

On a side note, has anyone found a definitive cause for the occasional
motorboating/stuttering audio when an AllStarNode transmits?  I have
another machine that I can use, but I would like to know what causes it
and how it can be eliminated or reduced. This is the only thing that has
marred an otherwise perfect experience with my AllStarLink node.

Michael.
VK5ZEA