[App_rpt-users] Culling Linux Services (ACID)

Jeff DePolo jd0 at broadsci.com
Sun Jul 31 18:34:11 UTC 2011

> So far built 3 on Intel D945GCLF2 boards, PicoPSU power
> supplies, both Limey
> off a CF and Acid off disk

I'm running the same boards and using CF-to-IDE adapters for remote base
nodes with zero problems.

I haven't had the "motorboating" problems others are reporting on any of my
builds.  I'm using anything from P4's to quad cores, all Intel of course
(I'm anti-AMD in general).

Aside from thining out the OS, I'd also suggest disabling any unnecessary
hardware on the mobo BIOS as well, turning off any power-saving stuff in
BIOS, etc.

				--- Jeff WN3A