[App_rpt-users] [SPAM] Re: Culling Linux Services (ACID)

Steve Gladden steve at michiganbroadband.com
Sun Jul 31 21:49:40 UTC 2011

I've never yet experienced a node with a usb interface that does not 'motorboat' at all.

Try *MY* test on a spare or test node:

Set all tx timers to NOT be able to time out or make it several days.

Set beaconing ON and set your CW ID to go off every 1 minute.

Set the node to transmit 100Hz PL to the URI

*DO NOT* hook up a radio...
Hook up a good set of amplified speakers to the URI TX audio port.

Issue a radio key  command..

You *should* hear the 100Hz PL in your speaker(s) as well as your frequent station ID.

If not adjust levels until you hear the PL tone in the speakers..
Set levels so the once per minute ID is not terribly annoying.. and PL is audible.
You'll get used to it.

Leave this on for a few days and just hang out listening to it while you work or do other things around the shack.. or office or ..

In all of my experiences so far - there are occasional audio chopouts (motorboating).. which will be far more apparent in this continuously on test scenario that waiting around for it to actually happen
On the air with a real live system.

Steve