[App_rpt-users] [SPAM] Re: Culling Linux Services (ACID)

Steve Gladden steve at michiganbroadband.com
Sun Jul 31 21:57:01 UTC 2011

There's a recording of it over here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqYwhtuVLDs

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: app_rpt-users-bounces at ohnosec.org [mailto:app_rpt-users-bounces at ohnosec.org] On Behalf Of George Csahanin
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2011 2:16 PM
To: John Heron
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] [SPAM] Re: Culling Linux Services (ACID)

I think I know what you mean. Shows us as a very brief, repeated disruption to PL tone, drops your mobile/ht decoder, maybe for time in 2 seconds, then ok for a while. t iunterrupts main audio as well, just very brief and not noticed.

Yup, every PC I tried does it. I jusst got used to it.

I wanted to get a recording of it over a year ago, but no clean way to record audio. You really get to notice it if you put your signal generator in the receiver, and modulate with something like a 1Kc tone

I've tried five computers and four USB devices, all do it.

GeorgeC
W2DB