[App_rpt-users] Thumb Drive install....

Jah Rastafari nuhtrue at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 00:51:59 UTC 2011

Hi,

Forgive me if I missed something in the online help covering my problem, but
I find myself having to install
from a USB thumb drive (using Unetbootin) since my external USB DVD-ROM
drive hangs my computer
(Mini-ITX w/ 1.6GHz Dual Core/2GB RAM/8GB Sandisk flashcard in a SATA
adapter)
The install boots off the thumbdrive, but immediately can't find a
"kickstart" file, and when I select the
obvious choice (ks.cfg) doesn't work. After that, my only choice is a
interactive install, which gets hungup
after I fail to tell it some driver it needs. It can see all the files from
the ACID image. I'm equally certain I've
missed one tiny, stupid element that's hosing the whole thing. Ideas?

Thanks,

Bob
KK6RQ