[App_rpt-users] infinite loop

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Fri Jun 3 21:40:32 UTC 2011

Some time ago, I posted something about the elements of a long-ish macro not
executing in the right sequence (such as playing recorded segments in the
wrong order and just blowing-by remote commands without executing them
properly). I never got any replies.

Eventually I found that I could run the whole thing as a Linux script with
interspersed "sleep" commands and make it all work properly -  like this
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun 27021 *4533"   ; remote command for 53MHz
node
sleep 5
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun 27021 *6601#"  ; put node 533 into bulletin
mode (SS1)
sleep 5
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun 27021 *9913"   ; play the recording
sleep 22m
(this last one plays ARRL Audio News).

This worked reliably when called from crontab, but there was no way to run
it from DTMF.

Recently, I found out about the "cmd" instruction - I thought "aha!)

9911=cmd,/usr/local/sbin/do_arrl.sh

But it seems that the script calls asterisk (from within asterisk) the whole
thing goes into some sort of infinite loop.  It does seem to have executed
the asterisk -rx calls at least 5 times before things went pear shaped.

So: is this the expected behavior? Is there a command line option on the
asterisk calls that can avoid the problem? Is there a different way to
accomplish this?

Tnx
Ken
KE2N