[App_rpt-users] in place upgrade of ACID installs 1- 1.5 years old?

Steve Gladden steve at michiganbroadband.com
Sat Jun 11 19:35:55 UTC 2011

Hi,
I have a couple of boxes that are out at tower sites WITHOUT any
type of Internet access.. I can go out there for a day with my cell/EVDO
Internet access and get these boxes on the Internet temporarily.

Being that they are 1 and 1.5 year OLD installs of ACID I'm wondering if
there is a *quick* way via scripts or already existing method of
bringing these systems up-to-date without having to re-align all of the
radio settings having to re-write the config files etc.

I figure things have changed enough in 1.5 years (usb naming) & the like
that I really am going to need to pull the hardware take it back to base
and re-do from scratch..

The old systems have some kind of what I *think* is a software bug where
the repeater frequently goes into some kind of unplanned repeat disable
mode for 30-60 seconds especially after recieving a 'noisey' signal..
We've just been living with the problem for a long time because I know
I need to try again with software that is up to date which may fix the
issue.

-Steve

Michigan Broadband Systems Inc.
"Always Connected"