[App_rpt-users] noise generated by asterisk

Andrew Gilbett andrew.gilbett at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 03:30:45 UTC 2011

Hi Group,

I have been putting together a node based around the Beagleboard XM and the
LOX board and I am getting some strange noise being added to the signal by
asterisk.
it basically manifests itself as radom noise on the received signal from the
radio (ie audio input) signal, but it is not there when the ID or other
internally generated signals are present (ie no received audio).
I have tried removing the audio connectors from the BB and listening with a
set of headphones and microphone connected directly to the BB then keying it
via the radio and still the noise is present... it is as if a filter or
something inside asterisk is adding the noise.

If some one could shed a little more light on the operation of chan_beagle
and where this noise might be coming from that would be most helpful!

Thanks :-)
Andrew Gilbett
andrew.gilbett at gmail.com
VK2XAG