[App_rpt-users] Order of startup in rpt.conf

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Tue Mar 29 17:41:51 UTC 2011

I'm running a box that's hosting 4 nodes...one as a hub so that I can
experiment (in my down time...after my Real Job) to "flex the muscles"
of the software (and it allows me to release from the normal hub I
connect to for normal traffic so as to not tie up the other machines
with announce connect and disconnect telemetry) with node-to-node comms
and the like.

However, the first node that I registered is what I placed the first (of
a planned 3 bands worth) repeater hardware on, and...have added other
nodes as time went on.  I'd like to leave the original registration in
place, since downline external systems in our net up here have entries
that reference the original number.  Keeps the book keeping and churn to
a minimum.

What I'm running into is that the node that I've configured as my hub is
down the list in rpt.conf (it's the third node stanza), so, in trying to
bring up my other nodes (2 are lower numbers and before the hub, one
after), I note that they don't connect as I would like the end state "to
be": my hub connected to the other hub, with all my leaf nodes
connecting to my own hub.

So...question...should I re-arrange my rpt.conf so that the hub is the
first that is read on boot or restart, establish the *953 persistent
connection to the other hub and /then/ connect my leaf nodes?  Right
now, I'm doing it manually when I get a chance via either iaxrpt into my
nodes from my desktop or over the web transciever.

Or, is it a question of the iax registration sequence in iax.conf, or ???

Am I missing something here?

Thx for any insight...or apologies if this has been chewed upon in gory
detail sometime in the murky (for me) past...
(I also have some questions re the custom/rpt.conf capability, but I'll
save them for later....)

tnx es 73

--
Bryan WB0YLE