[App_rpt-users] new Pickle Linux release - BeagleBoard-xM Rev. C

Dale Weber n7pkt at picklejar.org
Wed May 18 13:11:28 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, May 17, 2011 09:35:02 pm Jim Duuuude wrote:
> Apparently, on 4/27/11, CircuitCo started shipping Rev. C BeagleBoard-xM
> boards. These boards have some subtle hardware differences which made
> previous boot loader and kernels unable to run on them.
>
> Despite many hurdles (which I won't go into) I have released a new version
> of Pickle Linux which successfully supports this new hardware.

	Awesome work Jim! I'll be watching the BeagleBoard mailing list for any
notifications of new revisions. I don't think there was any warning about the
rev C boads though.

> In addition (thanks to Moishe, NY2SI for bringing this to my attention), I
> fixed a problem with the chan_beagle driver. So, even if you have an older
> board, it would be a good idea to at least update from the latest SVN
> sources, or download the new version of Pickle Linux.

	More awesome work guys!

	8-Dale
--
PickleJar Research - Home of the PICO NODE - http://www.picklejar.org
    How many pickled pickles could a pickled penguin pick, if a pickled