[App_rpt-users] Allstar Node and RC210 Issues

Doug Hutchison specialq.que at ntlworld.com
Fri May 27 21:13:35 UTC 2011

Have you adjusted the TX audio pot on the 210? Port 2 must be simplex
(non repeat) as Matt said.

On 27/05/2011 21:59:34, Charles Rader (kc5dgc at centurytel.net) wrote:
 > Monty,
 >
 > Thank you. The conf file you sent me was a big help. I wished mine
conf files was commented like the one you had. That explains a lot. I
made the changes you said to make in the rpt.conf. It helped increase my
audio and it sounds much better for some reason now. I am still having
issues with the link UHF repeater though.
 > Here is my setup:
 > RC210 Port 1 UHF Repeater, Port 2 URI (allstar)
 >
 > URI to RC210 Port2
 > Pin 1 (PTT) to Pin 7 (RX COS)
 > Pin 8 (COR DET) to Pin 3 (TX PTT)
 > Pin 13 (GND) to Pin 9 (GND)
 > Pin 21 (MIC IN AC) to Pin 4 (TX AUDIO)
 > Pin 22 (LEFT OUT AC) to Pin 5 (AUDIO INPUT)
 >
 > RC210 Port 1 and Port 2 Linked
 > Port 2 setup- Hang Timer=0; Transmitter Enabled; Receiver Enabled;
Repeater Mode; DTMF Enabled; Monitor Mix; Access Mode= Carrier

 > I can Link my Allstar node to an active Allstar Mode and I have great
audio repeater on the UHF Repeater. But when I key up to transmit on my
UHF repeater I am getting PTT Lights on Port 2 on the controller but I
am not getting a keyup or audio on the Allstar node either locally (via
iaXrpt) or through Webtransciever. Also I can’t connect or send any
commands via the UHF port to Allstar.

 > Any ideas? I was told that I shouldn’t program port 2 on the RC210 as
Repeater mode?

 > Thanks for all your time and help.

One was my wiring, everything is backwards. PTT on the arcom goes to COR
on URI, Audio out to audio in, etc. So i would check that.. Also if you
haven't done any config on your allstar node, that might be